My mom and her friends do a cookie bake/exchange every year. I have been lucky enough to be a part of it the past couple of years. This year there were 5 of us involved and we each made 3 types of cookies. We quadruple each recipe so there are enough cookies to go around. Once they are done baking, we divey them up and take them home to be distributed as we each see fit.
We still don’t have a “properly functioning” oven yet so I wanted to make sure to make a couple no bake options this year so I could have them done before hand. These are my recipes before being quadrupled:
Sugar Cookie Truffles
- 12 sugar cookies (I purchased premade cookies from the grocery store bakery)
- 3 tablespoons room temperature cream cheese
- 2 cups white chocolate candy melts
- Place sugar cookies in a food processor and mix until they are fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and mix again for approx 1 min.
- Shape cookies into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 min or the fridge for 1 hr.
- In a bowl, melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the bag.
- Remove cookie balls from the fridge. Using a spoon dip and roll the cookie balls one at a time in the chocolate. Return to the cookie sheet and immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat until all balls have been covered. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- 10 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, and a dash of salt.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the yolks one at a time, mixing it thoroughly each time.
- Next, add lemon extract and zest and mix.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined. If it is too sticky, chill for 30 min to an hour in the fridge.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 inch balls and roll in your favorite sprinkles.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until very slightly golden on the bottom. Dont over bake them!
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then press the kiss into the center of the cookie and immediately put the pan in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt all over.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
- 2 cups vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- Combine frosting and peanut butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until they are melted together.
- Pour melted peanut butter into the pan and press mixture evenly.
- In another bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter. Smooth evenly.
- Allow to set atleast 1 hour.
- Pull the bars out of the 9×13 with chocolate side facing up and slice into small squares. Flip bars over to peanut butter side and cut again to ensure a clean bar is made.
- Drizzle tops with melted chocolate.