I made this a few weeks ago and have completely fallen off the blog train! I have so so so much to catch you up on but this is a quick one to type up and I know lots of people have been asking for it <3 Thank you for being patient with me!
We are not a family for spicy foods, however, this had JUST ENOUGH spice to taste delicious! I highly recommend this recipe if your looking for a New Orleans style meal for tonight.
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp of celery salt
- 1/2 green pepper
- 3 cans of kidney beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- hot cooked rice
- 1 package hardwood smoked sausage
- Dice onion and green pepper. Chop sausage into about 1/2 slices. I cut mine in half as well.
- Rinse and drain kidney beans.
- Combine onion, garlic, oil, paprika, cajun seasoning, and thyme in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker. Add celery salt, green pepper, beans, sausage, bay leaf, and chicken broth on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Remove lid and stir. Season with salt and pepper. I added a very small pinch of cayenne pepper as well.
- Scoop over rice and serve.