2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons pepper
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
bag of frozen green beans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together chicken stock, brown sugar, 2 tablespoon sesame oil, garlic cloves, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Place mixture in a small pan and heat over high heat. In same bowl mix together small amount of water and cornstarch. Add to mixture in the small pan while wisking until desired thickness.
- Dice chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with salt, pepper, and flour.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to skillet, and once hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook until seared and golden on one side, then flip and cook until golden again, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock mixture over top and toss to coat, then turn off heat. Add green beans.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 minutes. If your skillet cannot go into the oven, pour onto a cookie sheet as I did.
- Remove and cover with sesame seeds. Serve over brown rice.