- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow or white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pound unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup red lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- 8 oz box frozen spinach
- In a stovetop or electric pressure cooker, heat the oil using the saute option. Add the onion, garlic and carrots and cook for a minute or two, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the cumin, paprika, celery salt, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes, lentils and stock or broth.
- Secure the lid on the pressure cooker. Cook at 3 minutes on high pressure. Quick release the pressure, unlock the lid, and stir in the spinach.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. I also added a bit more cumin and paprika at this time. The soup will thicken a bit as it cools.